Our Next Meeting
No December Meeting
January 23, 2014
- Speaker: Vinny Launcella, Toast Masters
February 27, 2014
- Speaker: Nancy D’Erasmo
Spiritual Adviser and Medium
- Photographer: Christine Castoro
Check Back for More Info
Greetings, Everyone!!!! We had a terrific meeting in October at Giorgio’s in Nesconset. We all agreed that this would be the perfect place to hold our future meetings. The room was warm, inviting, quiet and the food was good. I am making arrangements with the owner to give us a limited menu and keep the pricing down to $25.00 per person. We will post information for our January meeting in a few weeks. Please make sure to check the location for that meeting.
This month, we will be holding our meeting on Thursday, November 21st, 2013, at Butterfield’s , Old Willets Path, Hauppauge, NY at 6pm. This will be our HOLIDAY PARTY and we will not hold a meeting in December. Come early to network and meet and greet old friends and new members.
Our member speaker, Rosemarie Kluepfel , will entertain us with her comedy act. I have seen Ro perform several times at local clubs and she is very talented. It takes a lot of nerve to get up and perform in front of an audience and I give Ro credit that she makes it look so easy.
We are also presenting Sharon Boyd, Dress for Success, with our donation of $500. Sharon will show us a short film on the boutique in Brookhaven and the services that Dress for Success offers. This is a wonderful organization and I have worked with them since 2008 as a drop of site for clothing.
Meeting Format :
- We will hold our annual ‘Marketplace’. If you wish to bring items to display for viewing or sale, please let me know so I can order tables for set up.
- Cookie Swap : Bring at least 20 homemade cookies and we will pass them around for dessert
- Recipes : If you would like to share a family recipe for Thankgiving Meal preparation, please email me the recipe at : email@example.com by November 17th.
- White Elephant Grab Bag: Bring a funny or ‘regifted’ gift for a grab bag.
- Toy Drive : Please bring an unwrapped gift for a child for Jacie’s Kids. We will donate toys to this charity for underprivileged children
- Lastly : Raffles, raffles, raffles…..we will have a “Chinese Auction ‘ with some great prizes this month.
Please, I urge you to sign up by November 15th, 2013, so that I can get a good idea of attendance. If you haven’t been to a meeting in a while, I hope you decide to join us for our Holiday Party. It should be a lot of laughs!!!
Stay warm and see you at Butterfields!!!